autumn beetroot latte
now that we've soaked up all the sun our summer had to offer and our skin is all happy and glowy, it's time to bring on the new season. autumn!!! we believe there's something special to every season of the year but autumn just gets us feeling extra excited. maybe it's that we finally get to pull out our favourite knits again, or the crisp air and crunchy leaves, or all the beautiful autumn vegetables that are finally in season again. add a chai latte to that and you'll see us two very happy chappies.
personally not completely into the whole pumpkin-spice-everything, we've been experimenting with other ways to add an autumnal twist to our drinks. enter beetroot latte. now this may not seem like the best idea at but please don't knock it till you try it. the flavours work so nicely and all the health benefits will give you that irresistible autumn glow.
even if you're not the greatest fan of beetroot - how could you resist this gorgeous pink? it'll add the nicest spot of colour to your autumn brunch and wow all your friends.
- 500ml good quality almond milk
- 1/2 beetroot
- a walnut-sized knob of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 150ml white tea (add a little sugar if using unsweetened milk)
- blend beetroot, ginger and tea in your mixer of trust
- pour through a very fine sieve to get rid of any lumps (optional)
- heat and froth the milk and fill into 4 glasses
- add the beetroot juice - et voilà!
and that's really all there is to it - so go and make it, grab yourself a good read and enjoy autumn in a cup.