while we're waiting for spring to finally come around, full bloom and all, we might as well make the most of the last snowy days in austria. long walks with our dog leni, slow mornings and good home cooked meals is what we call a weekend well spent and there is little an escape to the countryside can't fix. as our farm is still in the process of renovation we've enjoyed spending time in the area and staying at our friends country home, starting the days with homemade granola and fresh almond milk.
visiting our neighbours who have llamas and alpacas and all sorts of furry friends.
the best cauliflower broccoli bake - we'll share the recipe with you sooner than you know!
epic coconut blueberry cake
there really is nothing quite as cosy and comforting as baking up a storm in the kitchen when it's all cold and snowy outside (except maybe eating said baked goods). one of our absolute go-to recipes is this cake that's bursting with coconut flavour and little juicy gems of blueberries and raspberries. it's so gooey and the sugar crust gives it that little extra that makes all the difference.
- 130g coconut oil
- 175g sugar
- 175g flour
- 150g good quality desiccated coconut
- 150g oat cream
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100g blueberries
- 100g raspberries
- extra desiccated coconut and sugar for the crust
- pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees. grease a round baking tin and line with baking paper
- add coconut oil, sugar, flour, desiccated coconut, oat cream and baking powder into a large bowl and whisk together on high
- now gently fold in the berries
- spread the batter evenly into the baking tin and bake for 15 minutes. then pull out of the oven and sprinkle with 2 tbsp each of desiccated coconut and sugar. put back into the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden. don't let it get to dark!