not many words today, just a simple recipe for a delicious and easy breakfast, using up the last of the summer berries. we're not quite ready for warm, thick porridges yet, so soaking overnight is a great way to enjoy your oats anyway, but without filling you up completely and leaving you all warm on the inside (we'll save that for the months to come). it also makes for an amazing, luscious texture and, loaded with lots of superfoods, this porridge is bursting with nutrition. i think this is what squirrels would eat when they prepare for hibernation.
to feed 1 generously or serve 2, you'll need:
- 300ml hazelnut milk
- 4 heaping tbsp açai&goji porridge mix*
- 1/2 tsp maça powder
- 1 heaping tbsp chia seeds
- handful of berries
- 1 tbsp roasted hazelnuts (preferably piemont)
- 1 tbsp of your favourite seeds (we used sprouted buckwheat, flax, chia and amaranth)
- mix your hazelnut milk, porridge mix, maça and chia seeds well and soak overnight or at least for 1/2 hour
- meanwhile, roast the hazelnuts on medium heat until golden (this step is optional, though definitely recommended)
- when ready, add your toppings and a dash of hazelnut milk
*we used this wonderful mix by berioo, but you could also use just plain oats if you can't get your hands on it
for rushed mornings, we recommend making this in a jar the night before to take with you as a nutritious breakfast on the go.
- K & L